Proper article marketing is considered to be one of the most powerful marketing tools available today. It is a very effective method for driving traffic to your website. The fact that it costs nothing to write articles makes it a very traditional way as well.
Proper article marketing put simply is the act of writing content and distributing it online to various article directories. When people search for your products online, they are led to your website, goods and whatever you are promoting through the links that you place in your articles. Traffic from article marketing is 100% free and can be compounded by the number of correctly written articles you publish.
The internet population has increased by leaps and bounds in the past few years. It will continue to grow exponentially over the next several years. As online security increases, people will become more comfortable with shopping and do business online. You have the opportunity to use this knowledge to your advantage. Using proper article marketing to get your products and information on the internet right away means you get early exposure to these new prospects.
Good article marketing – a step by step tutorial
1. Do a bit of keyword research about your topic, business, or product. There are many free keyword tools available for use online. You can just do a Google search for them. Learn to do some long tail keyword research. Make a note of the long tail keywords with the lowest ratio of websites to searches. These are the ones you want to use for your article marketing.
2. Next, begin doing research for your long tail keyword topics and write articles about them. When writing your articles be sure to put your keywords in the title, a few more points in the body of your article and again at the end. You want between 1% and 2% usage of your keywords in your article. This is called article SEO. Do not use your keywords for more than 2% of your story if you can help it. If you use your keywords too numerous times, the search engines may penalize your article for keyword stuffing. You should make your articles long enough to be informative, but you do not want them to be so long that the reader grows bored. Keeping your story around 350-500 words works well
3. When submitting an article to a directory, there will sometimes be a resource box. This is an area where you can put a small note about yourself as the author and a link to your website or related material. Here, you want to focus on getting people to click on the link to your site. Try to make it combine in with the article. If you can get people to read down into the resource box, as if it were part of the article, they will find their way to your link.
4. Proofread, fix, and correct again. I cannot stress enough how important this is. People will lose interest in your article if they have a hard time reading it. Having a poorly written article tends to make people wonder how you can be an authority on the topic. If you do not write it in pure and straightforward terms, your reader may have a hard time knowing what you are trying to say. This could result in lost sales. Keep it honest and well written.
5. Submit your articles to the directories. This needs a bit of attention. Using submission software is not recommended here. Each item list that you will be submitting to will have their guidelines. To get the best exposure, you need to do it properly. A simple online search will reveal the top article directories as well as directories that fit in with your topic.
6. It can seldom take a couple of weeks before you start to see a good amount of traffic from your article marketing efforts. Your articles will need a bit of time to circulate. If you have written them well and used proper SEO, they can get picked up and ranked well by the search engines. If you write every article as if you want it to rank on the first page of a search, then a lot of them probably will. This is best achieved by adhering strictly to the topic of the article and through proper use of keywords.
Proper article marketing will result making more money with less work. If you take a few days off, you can still be making an income from those you wrote last month. Continue to write articles daily, weekly, or whatever your goal is to build up your income. You will discover a few other tricks to increase your click through rate over time. Eventually, your article marketing will be on autopilot; you will be able to write less often while maintaining your level of exposure.